Artwork from the Top Fifteen New Jersey Middle School and High School Finalists is Now Showcased at ProtectMeWith3.com
Newark, NJ (April 2, 2020) – The Partnership for Maternal and Child Health of Northern New Jersey, in collaboration with the New Jersey Department of Health, today announced the finalists for the eighth annual Protect Me With 3+ immunization awareness contest. Artwork including five middle school posters, five high school posters and five high school videos is now showcased at www.protectmewith3.com, where public voting will begin on April 8th.
Public voting will take place for three weeks andis open to both adults and students.The public may vote once per day until the ballot is closed on April 29that 11:59 PM EST. The top three posters and videos in each category will be announced on May 13, 2020.
The Protect Me With 3+ challenges New Jersey youth in middle and high school to raise awareness about the importance of adolescent immunizations including tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap), human papillomavirus (HPV), meningococcal conjugate and flu vaccines. This year, the contest received nearly 400 poster and video entries from middle school and high school students across the state. Teachers across New Jersey also incorporated the Protect Me With 3+ contest into their curriculums by making it a class project.
“This is an opportune time to educate preteens, teenagers and parents about the value of adolescent immunizations,” explained Ilise Zimmerman, President and CEO of the Partnership for Maternal and Child Health of Northern New Jersey. “The goal of the Protect Me With 3+ contest is to raise awareness about vaccines by involving students, teachers and nurses. Inoculations can prevent diseases and, ultimately, save lives.”
Prizes will be awarded to the top three entries in the video and poster categories. The winning creations will also be distributed during various statewide immunization awareness activities. Prizes for the classrooms with the most eligible submissions in each category will also be awarded.
The Protect Me With 3+ contest finalists include:
Middle School Poster Category:
- Samya Carino, Franklin Elementary School
- Jahnavi Fernandes, Mount Pleasant Middle School
- Carla Murcia, Lincoln Annex School
- Katelynn Pertuz, Franklin Elementary School
- Lydia Smith, Henry Hudson Regional School
High School Poster Category:
- Sanya Joseph, John P. Stevens High School
- Nicki Kye, Ridgewood High School
- Ashleigh Lancaster, Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School
- Dua Moeez, Cherry Hill High School East
- Lillian Munoz, Atlantic County Institute of Technology
- Cynthia Deocampo, Atlantic County Institute of Technology
- Joseph Marta, Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School
- Aleia Ott, Academy of Allied Health and Science
- Anthony Paladino, Marlboro High School
- Yaelyn Reyes, Atlantic County Institute of Technology
To vote, visit: www.protectmewith3.com/vote.
To view previous winners’ entries, visit: https://protectmewith3.com/winners/.